Are you looking for another way to reach more readers and sell more books? A great method is to cross-promote with other authors!
Some ideas to help you cross-promote with other authors
- Participate in a free subscriber magnet group promotion at Book Cave.
- Participate in a retailer group promotion at Book Cave to sell more books.
- Trade advance reader copies (ARCs) with other authors so you can mention and recommend each other’s books.
- Newsletter swaps. Cross-promote with other authors by letting your newsletter readers know about a promotion an author friend is doing; in return, your author friend will do the same for you.
- When you host a giveaway for readers, include another author’s (or several authors’) books along with yours as the grand prize. These authors in turn will promote the giveaway page and/or include your book in one of their giveaways.
- Interview another author—both of you get exposure: that author sends readers to your page to read the interview, and your readers learn about a new author. Ask the author to include a link to their interview on their site, which increases your page’s ranking on Google.
- Publish a box set with books from multiple authors. Make sure you write in a similar genre and content rating as those authors, though, or readers may become irritated.
- Co-author a book with another author, which widens your reader pool and helps you sell more books.
- Speak in author panels with other authors at conferences or book stores.
- Set up a reading or book signing event with a group of other authors.
- Follow other authors on social media and re-share/tweet their pinned posts or other interesting posts. They will likely do the same in return. You should occasionally replace your own pinned post and post other interesting tidbits to give others new stuff to share.
What have you done to cross-promote with other authors to sell more books? We’d love to hear in the comments below.