For successful retail promotions, there are many things authors can do to help:
- Make sure the latest revision of your ebook is live at least a day before the promotion. If you plan to change your cover, please do so before you submit your book to us. We want to advertise the same covers the retailers have.
- Consider having your discount in place several days before the event.
- If you used an automatic discount scheduler (like on Amazon, iTunes, or Kobo), make sure that the dates are correct, especially if you have changed the dates of your promotion to fit our schedule.
- If your book is free, consider temporarily discounting your sequels at the time of the promotion to increase reviews and sales.
- Consider putting your book on sale for at least three days or even longer to generate sales of other titles and to increase reviews. One-day sales seem to be less effective.
- Make sure your price is discounted by 6:00 am Pacific Time (PT) and does not end until 11:59 pm PT on the day you have indicated your promotion will end. (Hint: latest automatic ending time on an Amazon, iTunes, Kobo, and Google promotion is okay.)
- Send out a notice about your sale to friends and family. Share your book’s link on Book Cave and ask them to forward it to others. Because of the algorithms on social media, even one share can mean hundreds of extra views.
- Encourage others to join Book Cave and share the site on your lists. Book Cave is the only ebook promotion site that has detailed content ratings for books, and the faster we grow, the more we can help you get your book with its specific content into the right hands.
- Cross promote with other authors. Get a group of authors together, discount your books, and share the list on websites, blogs, and social media outlets.