Although corny, every book wyrm secretly loves cheesy book puns. So here’s a whole list of them for you to enjoy. Don’t worry. We won’t tell anyone if you laugh.
- I feel so empty (shelf awareness).
- Sorry! My weekend is so busy, it’s all booked.
- Why does the ghost always need more books?
He goes through them too quickly.
- Why does an elephant use his trunk as a bookmark?
So he always nose where he stopped reading.
- What building has the most stories?
- I was just diagnosed with IBS—Impulsive Book-Reading Syndrome
- Dinosaurs didn’t read. Now they’re extinct.
- What do you do if your pet starts eating your novel? Take the words right out of his mouth!
- And here’s one of our own cheesy book puns!
- A young man visited the librarian every day so he could get into her good books.
- A tome fell on my head the other day . . . I can only blame my shelf!
- The book of incantations was useless. The author had failed to run a spell check.
- I read this book about Mount Everest. It was quite the cliff hanger.
- The student was an aggressive learner—he hit the books.
- I once read a book about singularity. It really sucked me in.
- I was going to buy a bestseller on phobias, but I was afraid it wouldn’t help me.
- I wish you would open up to me! (One of our favorite relationship cheesy book puns.)
- The book about Teflon contained no frictional characters.
- A second glance is all that’s needed for a book re-view.
- When she made Mario Puzo’s novels required reading for her class, she made him an author they couldn’t refuse.
- The policemen said if I didn’t pay my library fine he would have to book me.
- Have you read the bestseller about teleportation? It’s bound to get you somewhere.
- The podiatry book used footnotes while the proctology book used endnotes.
- I just read a textbook about Stockholm Syndrome. The first couple chapters were awful but by the end I loved it.
- Ereader: The same story again? Novel: It’s the only one I have.
- Once I tried illustrating currency books for a living. I never drew a dime.
- An accountant for a restaurant has to be sure the books are not cooked.
- I’m reading a novel about anti-gravity. It’s impossible to put down.
- During the rainy season I spread out large books for my guests to wipe their feet on. These are the tomes that dry men’s soles.
- A little boy was so full of energy that even when he read a book it was a hyper text.
- I had plans to begin reading a book about sinkholes, but they fell through.
- I asked a librarian if she was free this afternoon. She said she was all booked up
- The high school music teacher was quite controversial. He told his students to read band books.
- The junior librarian was reincarnated as a bookmark because he always knew his place.
- What did the sketch book say to the novel? I’m drawing a blank.
- I’ve just read a book about a bean growing up in Southern USA. It’s called The Adventures of Tom Soya.
- I’m reading a novel about mazes; I got lost in it.
- I’m reading a book about black holes by Stephen Hawking. It really draws you in.
- I’ve never enjoyed paperbacks: their blend of wooden characters and watered-down plots makes them pulpy.
- The author’s lawyer defended her rights in the book case.
- The author wasn’t pleased to see a review of his book on cappuccinos. The review said the book was all froth and no substance.
- A book called Current Trends in Wiring your House turned out to be a shocking failure.
If you enjoyed these cheesy book puns, make sure to pass them along to another fellow book lover.
Do you have a blog idea or topic you know our readers would love? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn how you could get your blog featured.