Do you have a fictional bucket list? Here’s mine!
- Teach at Hogwarts. Lots of people want to be students but the former English teacher in me wants a pointy hat.
- Bartend at Laurell K. Hamilton’s Guilty Pleasures.
- Have spice coffee with Lady Jessica from Frank Herbert’s Dune. My mom named me after her.
- Take down the Capitol with Katniss Everdeen.
- Bartend at The Eolien from Patrick Rothfuss’s Kingkiller Chronicle. Just for the music.
- Cuddle with Aslan even though Aslan probably doesn’t do cuddles.
- Stop the bulldozers in Richard Adams’s Watership Down.
- And stop all the bad things from happening in Watership Down even though the bad things make the bunnies grow and learn and fight for what they believe in—I’m going to go sit in the corner and cry now.
- Live in Terri Windling’s Bordertown. Just live there. Forever. The end.
- Get takeout with Kaye from Holly Black’s Tithe.
- Go shopping with Francesca Lia Block’s Weetzie Bat.
- Enjoy a nightcap with C.S. Lewis’s Screwtape.
- Move the Rats of NIMH into my back yard. There’s free WiFi. Mrs. Frisby and the children can come too.
What would you put on your fictional bucket list?