Sometimes we all need a little break from writing and the craziness of life. Here are 18 funny ways you can tell that you are an author!
You know you’re an author when . . .
- You have conversations with the characters in your books.
- Every conversation and experience is at risk of being inserted into one of your books.
- You have perfected the fine art of procrastination.
- You may zone out in the middle of a conversation so you can continue writing your book in your head.
- You have tons of great ideas in bed, in the shower, etc., but once you get to the computer they seem to disappear.
- A pandemic makes you think of new series ideas.
- You hear voices.
- You talk to the voices and write down what they say.
- You know random facts that most normal people wouldn’t care about.
- Your text messages use proper grammar, punctuation, and capitalization.
- You leave the house to get some grocery shopping done, but you start thinking about your book plot and find yourself two cities away with no idea how you got there.
- People may think you’re an introvert, but the truth is, your imaginary friends are just way more interesting than real people.
- You’re quite good at listening in on other people’s interesting conversations without being spotted—they’re great inspiration for your books!
- You talk to yourself out loud in public.
- You corner strangers in the grocery store to talk to them about an interesting book idea you just had.
- You have to stop whatever you’re doing so you can write down a brilliant book idea.
- Something bad happens and the first thought that pops into your head is, “At least I can write realistically about an experience like this in my books now.”
- You find yourself narrating the day’s events in your head in third person as they happen.
Have any more ways that you can know you're an author? We'd love to hear in the comments below!
If you'd like to learn more about Book Cave promotions and receive promotion tips, please enter your email below and click the "Learn More" button to receive our author newsletter.