If you’re like us and love to read, then click here to score tons of free and discounted ebooks.
Being a writer can be lonely and hard but also very rewarding. There are many reasons writers write—here are 25 reason that can give you motivation when the going gets tough.
- Because writing is (usually) fun.
- Because you love it.
- Because you MUST.
- To express an emotion, idea, or concept.
- To explore new worlds of your own creation.
- To share those new worlds with others.
- To get the stories that are crowding your brain onto paper so you can sleep.
- To tell a story.
- To go on an adventure.
- Because writing is therapeutic.
- To inspire and help readers.
- To touch the lives of others.
- To educate others.
- To change the world.
- To leave behind a legacy and make a name for yourself.
- To make money.
- To be your own boss.
- To work from home.
- To learn something new.
- So you can talk back to the voices in your head without looking like you are crazy.
- To make sense of the world.
- To express yourself without having to go out and talk to people.
- To exercise your brain.
- To communicate with others.
- For the accomplishment of creating something great.
Why do YOU write? Let us know in the comments below!
I spent my whole life searching for what I wanted to be. Nothing felt quite right until I became a writer. Now I feel like I’m where I belong, doing what I was meant to do. That’s why I write.