Being a writer can be lonely and hard but also very rewarding. There are many reasons writers write—here are 25 reason that can give you motivation when the going gets tough.
- Because writing is (usually) fun.
- Because you love it.
- Because you MUST.
- To express an emotion, idea, or concept.
- To explore new worlds of your own creation.
- To share those new worlds with others.
- To get the stories that are crowding your brain onto paper so you can sleep.
- To tell a story.
- To go on an adventure.
- Because writing is therapeutic.
- To inspire and help readers.
- To touch the lives of others.
- To educate others.
- To change the world.
- To leave behind a legacy and make a name for yourself.
- To make money.
- To be your own boss.
- To work from home.
- To learn something new.
- So you can talk back to the voices in your head without looking like you are crazy.
- To make sense of the world.
- To express yourself without having to go out and talk to people.
- To exercise your brain.
- To communicate with others.
- For the accomplishment of creating something great.
Why do YOU write? Let us know in the comments below!
If you'd like to learn more about Book Cave promotions and receive more writing tips, please enter your email below and click the "Learn More" button to receive our author newsletter.