Are you going through some tough times? Are your kids driving you crazy? Are you experiencing writer’s block? Did you just read a really negative review? When you experience setbacks, staying positive can help you get back to work and keep you healthy.
Read on for tips on staying positive.
- Take time to relax, even if it’s just taking a deep breath and counting to ten.
- Count your blessings. This is cliché, but it definitely works!
- Instead of being hard on yourself or thinking, “Why me?” instead think, “What can I learn? Did anything positive come from this?”
- Talk with a positive person.
- Read a positive news story (and spend less time reading depressing news stories).
- Stop reading negative Facebook comments and arguments (unfollow those people who always post negative statuses or that make you upset).
- Keep perspective—think “What is the worst-case scenario? Will this even matter in a week or two? How about a month? A year?”
- Focus on one problem at a time.
- Get some exercise in—go for a jog on the treadmill, take a walk, run up and down the stairs, do some yoga, and so on.
- Write down a step-by-step plan to deal with the situation.
- List 10 things that you’re good at.
- Serve someone else (help someone move, bring someone cookies or a note, listen to a friend who needs someone to rant to, etc.).
- Get a better night’s sleep.
- Talk about your troubles with a friend or family member.
- (Fake it ’til you make it!)
- Do something fun.
What do you do to stay positive? Let us know in the comments below!
If you’d like to learn more about Book Cave promotions and receive more promotion tips, please enter your email below and click the “Learn More” button to receive our author newsletter.