If you’re like us and love to read, then click here to score tons of free and discounted ebooks.
Are you looking for good ideas for an author gratitude list? Or just want a gratitude pick-me-up? Read on for a list of what we and some of the authors we spoke to are grateful for.
- A supportive family who doesn’t look at me like I’m crazy when I’m talking to my characters.
- Friends and family who are okay with being written into my books.
- Readers who buy my books, recommend my books to others, and leave reviews.
- Other authors who give me feedback and encouragement.
- Online retailers that allow me to sell my books all over the world.
- The ability to touch someone’s life with my words.
- Great books that give me a nice break from writing and help me improve my own writing.
- Good editors who help my book become the best it can be.
- Emails and letters from supportive fans.
- Spell check.
- Being able to do research from the comfort of my home with the Internet.
- My fictitious characters, who make me laugh, argue with me, and shape great stories.
- My writer’s notebook/phone, where I can take note of all the great writing ideas I get while I’m out and about.
- Random strangers who often inspire great story ideas.
- Inspiration that allows me to keep writing new ideas and stories.
- Criticism that helps me improve my writing.
- Nice reviews that give me that ego boost when I need it.
- My laptop that allows me to change scenery if I need it when writing.
- My parents for instilling in me a love of reading at a young age.
- Doing what I (most of the time) love.
What is on your gratitude list? We’d love to hear in the comments below!