A subscriber magnet is an ebook that the author gives readers for free, usually in return for the reader signing up for their newsletter. So, it acts as a magnet for new subscribers. Book Cave allows you to create and upload subscriber magnets directly on the site. From there, there are 3 ways you can use those magnets to sell more books.
1. Create multiple links for each subscriber magnet and share them in any way you want.
For each ebook you upload, you can create multiple links that readers can access it from. Each link can be used for a different purpose. Here are some examples:
- If you want to ask your Facebook followers to sign up for your newsletter, you can share one of the links on your Facebook page.
- To convert readers of your site into newsletter subscribers, you could include a button that says “Get a free ebook” and link to your subscriber magnet.
- If you want to reward current subscribers with a book, you would share a link in your newsletter. For this link, you would want to change the “Signup options” for that link to say “Do not require name and email.”
- You could send a link to a reviewer, giving them an ebook for free in return for them reviewing your book. For this one, you’d also want to change the options to “Do not require name and email.”
Every subscriber you gain means another chance to sell more books to that reader. Through your newsletter, you build a relationship of trust by sharing information about yourself, so when you tell your subscribers about a new release, they’re likely to buy it! In addition, those who may have forgotten about a book of yours they’ve read and loved are reminded when they receive a newsletter, and they’ll go buy more of your books.
For more information about how to add a subscriber magnet to your dashboard, check out our blog post here.
2. Get together with other authors to create a group promotion, hosted by Book Cave
Authors can create a group promotion on Book Cave to give away their subscriber magnets. The organizer of the group promotion will create the page directly on Book Cave, and they let other authors know about the promotion through our Group Promotion Facebook page or through other author groups they are members of. Other authors join the promotion by putting in a code that is generated on the organizer’s dashboard. Once you are accepted into a promotion, you cannot leave it unless you email the organizer and they remove you.
All the subscriber magnet books will appear on one convenient page for the promotion, and all authors in the promotion share this page in their newsletters and through social media. With a group promotion, you can reach thousands of new readers that are interested in the genre you write!
There is also an option to add a giveaway to the group page, and the organizer of the promotion pays for the prizes (distributed by Book Cave). If you are the creator, you will gain additional subscribers when people fill out the GDPR-compliant entry form.
To learn how to create or join a group promotion, check out our blog post here.
3. Allow your book to appear on Book Cave Direct
We have a page on the Book Cave domain called Book Cave Direct, where readers can browse subscriber magnet ebooks. This is a great way to reach new readers, gain more subscribers, and sell even more books. Each week on Thursday, we send out a deals emails to readers who subscribe to Book Cave Direct. These books match their genre and content ratings preference (like with deals from retailers on Book Cave).
For your book to appear on Book Cave Direct and be included in these emails, you’ll need to check the box “Make this link public” when you edit the details of one of your magnets. Only one link per ebook can be made public at a time.
We hope this post has made clear the three main methods you can use to sell more books through subscriber magnets.