Are you experiencing writer's block? Here are 13 novel ideas that will inspire you to write!
- Read fan mail from readers.
- Take a break and play some fun writing games.
- Do a different kind of writing to help reset your creativity. If you write novels, write a blog post or a short story.
- Clean up your office; you get a break and the clutter can no longer distract you from creative genius.
- Take a walk in a crowded place, like the mall, and listen to what people are saying. Make up backgrounds and stories to explain the conversation—the more outrageous, the better!
- Read a really good book.
- Choose a topic and use the Internet to learn everything about it that you can in an hour. Something you learn may give you inspiration for your novel.
- Jump-start your creativity by asking “What if” questions. ("What if everyone were able to fly except for a small percentage of people who are not born with the gift...?") You can even make this a game with family and friends to get more ideas flowing.
- Keep a folder of quotes, pictures, art, music, and experiences that give you inspiration. Then when you need inspiration, you can come back to it.
- Exercise—it clears out the cobwebs, wakes you up, gets the blood flowing, and releases endorphins.
- Keep a dream journal by your bed—your unconscious mind can be very creative.
- Try word association: pick a random word and write down everything you associate with it.
- Read the newspaper; you can get some great inspiration from the craziness going on in the real world.
What do you do when you need inspiration to write?
If you'd like to learn more about Book Cave promotions and receive more writing tips, please enter your email below and click the "Learn More" button to receive our author newsletter.