Are you looking to promote your books and gain more readers? Here are some ebook promotion strategies that will get your books noticed.
Ebook Promotion Strategies: Discount your ebook
1. Permanently offer the first ebook in a series for free so that more people will download it, leave reviews, and go on to buy the subsequent books.
2. Discount your ebooks periodically to generate buzz and gain new readers.
Ebook Promotion Strategies: Give away your ebook
4. Offer a book for free in return for readers signing up for your newsletter. You can do this with the Subscriber Magnets feature on Book Cave. Make sure that you are joined up as an author for this feature to work. If you can’t see it on your dashboard, please email us!
5. Participate in group ebook promotions with other authors to reach even more readers. These can be retailer promotions (where you all discount your ebooks on retailers) or subscriber magnet group promotions (see #4). You can ask for participants for your group promotions on Book Cave’s subscriber magnet group promotion Facebook page.
Ebook Promotion Strategies: Gain more reviews to sell more ebooks
6. Make readers more likely to buy your ebooks and make your book show up higher on Amazon’s lists by gaining more reviews for the book. Check out this post for different ways to find reviews for your ebook.
7. Include a call to action at the end of your books that asks readers to leave a review and invites them to sign up for your newsletter.
Ebook Promotion Strategies: Connect with and gain more readers
8. Don’t forget to send out a weekly newsletter to subscribers. If you don’t have a newsletter, set one up as soon as possible.
9. Convert new subscribers to your newsletter into fans that will go on to buy more ebooks by sending them five to twelve introductory emails when they first sign up, before merging them in to your main newsletter list.
10. Include a bonus chapter at the end of your ebooks to hook readers so they’ll buy the next ebook.
11. Keep a social media presence by posting at least once a week on Facebook and Twitter. Don’t just promote your books with your posts; tell readers about yourself or post something funny or informative. Use the same author picture and branding images across all sites.
12. Hold periodic giveaways for your books or other items readers love. You can also coordinate a larger giveaway with other authors.
We hope these ebook promotion strategies will help you sell your ebooks and find more readers. If you have any more strategies or suggestions, feel free to post them below.