Is This The End Of Democracy As We Know It? Have we just witnessed the death of the democracy our Founding Fathers established?
Democracy has come a long way from the agora of ancient Athens to the labyrinth-like halls of the Senate, the Congress, and the White House. Democracy has evolved through the ages; it has transformed from a privilege of Athenian citizens to a universal right of every American.
But Is Democracy (as we know it) still alive?
Best-selling author and political figure Jeff Hawkins has tried to answer that question in this eye-opening book about the state of democracy in the United States of America.
Living in a polarized society has led to confusion, fake news, and demagogues taking over the political stage, and Jeff Hawkins tackles all these issues by directly comparing modern democracy with the democracy established during the early moments of Independence.
Democracy: Is This Is How It Dies? will define democracy and help you understand:
- What Democracy Really Means for You As An American Citizen
- The Political Culture of the Early United States (Individualism & The Early Ideas For Democracy)
- The Political Culture of Modern America (The New Deal, World War 2 & The Current Status Quo)
- How Democracy Works in The United States (The Electoral College, Voting Systems & Economic Policy)
- The Importance of Safeguarding the Democracy
- Where Democracies Go To Die.
Democracy in the USA is in a state of emergency. Only by gaining an in-depth understanding of how democracy works, what it actually means for the average citizen, and what we can all do to safeguard it, can we hope to steer the ship of democracy back to the route set by our Founding Fathers?