So you love to read, but life is so busy. How can you fit your book addiction into your busy schedule? Here are some tips to help!
- Read for 15 minutes right after waking up (even if you have to wake up 15 minutes earlier).
- Read for 15 minutes before bed (be sure to turn on any blue light filter your phone has, to protect your eyes and not disrupt the production of melatonin).
- Schedule a block of reading on your calendar daily or weekly, and add a reminder for it to your phone. Treat it like an important appointment.
- Read a book instead of watching TV.
- Spend less time on social media and on reading the news; instead, use that time to read.
- Get the Kindle or Nook app for your phone, so you can easily read whenever you have a free moment while you are out and about.
- In that same vein, download a few ebooks weekly so you don’t get stuck trying to download a book when you have poor service.
- Read whenever you have a spare moment: while waiting for a doctor appointment, when waiting for kids you’re picking up from school, when riding public transportation, while brushing your teeth, and so on.
- While it may be tempting, don’t read while walking. You may walk into something (include into the path a speeding car or train), or leave yourself open to pickpocketers or thieves. Always be aware of your surroundings when walking in a public area, and save reading for when you’re holding still.
- Sign up for an ebook service like Book Cave, so you can easily find books that match your preferences for a great deal. That way, you spend less time looking for books you’ll like and more time reading!
What do you do to fit reading into a busy schedule? We’d love to hear in the comments below!