It’s that time of year when we’re all reflecting a little more than usual on what we’re grateful for. And, while we all have plenty to be grateful for outside of books, we’d like to take a little time to reflect on our hardcover friends and the joys they bring to us all year round. So here’s our special thanks to books, authors, publishers, fellow book wyrms, and all those who make having our reading addictions possible. Thank you!
- Books, ebooks, and audiobooks! Obviously.
- Authors, and all the time and effort they put into writing their books.
- Our favorite authors deserve an extra special thanks, because we’ve almost spent as much time in their worlds as we’ve spent in ours.
- Over-sized sweaters and fuzzy, soft blankets to keep us cozy while we read.
- Our book loving friends who always make the best book recommendations, so that we always have a large list of “to be read” books to rely on.
- Ereaders for making it easy to carry our entire libraries with us wherever we go.
- New books, because there are few things better than that new book smell.
- Nights when the kids go to bed early, giving us extra time to read.
- Hot chocolate, tea, coffee, and other comfort beverages kept nearby while we read.
- Libraries and bookstores. May they continue to lend and sell books for many more years still.
- That one book that can always make us feel better on a blue day.
- Our favorite, comfy reading chair.
- The memories kept safe within the stories that we got lost in and left a little bit of ourselves behind in.
- Friends and book clubs who read the same books as us so that we can discuss and debate books together.
- Reading lights, so that we can stay up all night reading while our spouses sleep.
- Friends and family who don’t really understand but patiently listen to our book rants no matter how intense they get.
- Rainy days because we can read all day without feeling bad about skipping out on yard work.
- All the trees who’ve sacrificed their lives to become our favorite stories.
- Any alone time we can get to spend on reading.
What authors and books are you most grateful for? Let us know in the comments!
Do you have a blog idea or topic you know our readers would love? Contact email@example.com to learn how you could get your blog featured.
Non-commercial users, feel free to print this out for personal use or give to friends, share online, or make a meme of, as long as you attribute and link back to us.
Commercial users, you may share a link to this post or quote a short excerpt from it with attribution and a link to this site, but you may not use this post in its entirety. Thank you for caring about copyright.