As Thanksgiving approaches, we start thinking about all the things we’re grateful for. As a reader, here are some of the reader-related things I’m grateful for this season.
- All the great books I can ask for this Christmas.
- The ability to read.
- My parents, for instilling in me a love of reading.
- My favorite books and authors.
- Sharing my love of reader and my favorite books with friends and family.
- Having vacation time to read one more book.
- Being able to travel the world, universes, and time, all from the comfort of my couch.
- The new ideas, viewpoints, and words I learn about in books (even if I end up pronouncing those words incorrectly).
- Online communities of readers, where we can all talk about the books we loved reading.
- My own collection of my favorite books, and all the bookcases they’re displayed in.
- Book clubs: books + friends. Need I say more?
- My local library, where I can be surrounded by books, discover new favorites, and read in a quiet and peaceful environment.
- Ebooks, because they’re so easy to buy and read right away. I can read more books now than ever.
What reader-related things are you grateful for?